Monday, April 11, 2016

Saturday Long-Take

I have to be honest; I was very skeptical about the Saturday long-take shoot. I wasn’t sure if I was going to enjoy or if anyone was going to show up to it. Luckily everyone did and in the end, I realized my predictions were completely wrong. I really enjoyed the whole process. I operated the camera and it was a little nerve racking since it was actual film and I only had one chance to get a good shot. I realized later that I messed up setting the aperture for the camera. At first I set it around 4 or 5.6 but when we lowered the frame rate to 12, I forgot to close down the aperture more. In the end, the shot still turned out well but it was a little over exposed. I liked how the film looked with the lower frame rate. It almost looked like a Charlie Chaplin movie, which was perfect because that is what we were going for.

I think this one-day brought the class a little closer and allowed everyone to work together and get to know one another. I liked helping out in other group’s shoots. Everyone had good ideas and it was cool seeing other people helping out and offering advice to try to make the best possible film we could in that time.


I enjoyed everyone’s films and thought they all turned out awesome but I think Shaun’s (Shawn?) group was my favorite. I thought their idea of have two people jump from bench to bench with one person creepily following and the other trying to get away.

No comments:

Post a Comment